Friday, May 8, 2009

Pomp and Circumstance

Kyle is done with college! Graduation is today, but he chose not to walk in the ceremony. He didn't want to bother with all the planning and details while he was finishing up his senior project and doing everything else that has been keeping him so busy, and I didn't have time either, so that is okay with me. I'm so proud of him. He studied Mechanical Engineering. He has worked hard and learned a lot. He asked if we could frame his diploma, and I think that's a great idea. Maybe I'll dig mine out and frame it too.

For his senior project his group built a turbine that is supposed to go on a home's water intake pipe. As water passes through it, it creates electricity. The pressure that water travels through pipes into our homes is so high that it would blow our faucets off, so homes have to have a valve to reduce pressure anyway. This is a great way to harness some of that energy that already exists. It still has a long way to go, so their professor who supervised the project is going to have students continue working on it in the future. I think it is a great idea with a lot of potential. Kyle did a lot of the drafting for their project. He is very good at 3D drafting.

Congratulations, Honey!

7 comments:

Kathey said...

YAY for Kyle! Who came up with the idea for the project? It sounds really good.

Love, Mom

Helena said...

Congratulations, Kyle! Woo hoo! :)

Emily Gibbons said...

Congrats! Barbie, I'm so excited you have a blog. I have one too! Send your email to me and I'll send you an invite! (byugibbons (at) yahoo.com. I'm glad to know I'll be able to keep up with you! (Hazel is beautiful, by the way!)

Melanie said...

Way to go Kyle! I'm proud of your family Barbie and all that you've accomplished!

Nanette said...

Congratulations Kyle! That is so exciting for you guys! :)

Stefanie said...

That is super exciting for Kyle! Alan and I love the idea of his senior project...that's awesome!

Expatriate Buckeyes said...

Whoo Hoo! Congrats Kyle!

Love the idea of harnessing a source of already existing energy.