Thursday, February 4, 2010

Christmas Pictures

So I realize it is now February, but I am finally posting some Christmas pictures. 

I made several gifts this year.  For a while I was really good at going downstairs to sew after Hazel was in bed, or during naptime, but I haven't been as good at it lately, even though I have 3 other projects going on.

A stuffed ball, actually a birthday present for Andy, and a new diaper/mom bag for my sister Helena. The ball pattern is from "Patchwork Puzzle Balls" by Ginny Beyer. There are about 10 different patterns in the book, and they are very cool. The bag is made of upholstery remnants, and was really fun to make. It has pockets inside too. I like pockets.

A birthday calendar for my mom.  This is a Nancy Halvorsen pattern, called Forget-Me-Not, part of her Art to Heart series.  I borrowed the pattern from my neighbor.  It has each family member's birthday written in the box of their birth month.  I also made one for Kyle's mom, but, alas, it is one of my 3 projects I'm currently working on.  I still have to quilt it (by machine), sew a rod pocket on the back, and do the binding.  Really that should only take maybe 2 more hours, so I need to do that.  Pronto.
Here is Hazel being cute with Roary, her lion, sometime close to Christmas.  She is walking all over now.
I love this picture of Hazel looking at the Christmas tree.  We set it up in the basement so she wouldn't have easy access to it all the time, and it made it a lot easier.  We did kind of miss seeing the tree all the time though.
Christmas Eve.  Ooh, pretty.  Thanks to Kyle's Aunt Carolyn for the cute outfit.
We started a tradition of getting new pajamas on Christmas Eve, which Kyle's family has always done.  Here is Hazel with her new jammies.  She carried them around the room for several minutes.
Christmas morning, playing peek-a-boo while eating her Ritz Crackerfuls from her stocking.  She loves these--she pulls them apart, then picks off the cheese, then eats the crackers.  We should give this kid some oreos....
After breakfast and a bath, we opened presents.  Hazel loved this "Tails" book from Nana and Poppy.  It is definitely a favorite.
At Grandma and Grandpa J's house later, Hazel discovered a shoebox of packing peanuts, which Jackie and I repeatedly threw on her.  She thought it was the greatest thing all day.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too, and Happy Valentine's day next week!

2 comments:

Kathey said...

Sweet. Your baby looks more and more like a little kid rather than a baby. :D So adorable! Thanks for posting.

Love, Mom

Helena said...

I love my bag! :)