Monday, March 15, 2010

Product Review: Pampers Extra Protection Diapers

I decided to try these when I got a coupon for them, and they were on sale.  Why not, right?

A while before Hazel was born, my OB/GYN was doing a routine ultrasound and pointed out that she had an enlarged bladder.  He referred me to a perinatologist to get a special ultrasound to make sure her kidneys were okay, but said I shouldn't worry, and it would probably just mean she'd be good on road trips.  So everything was fine and she hasn't had any problems. 

Fast forward to almost 17 months old: this kid still has a big bladder.  She goes from a little wet to very leaky quite suddenly sometimes.  We've been using Huggies Overnights for a long time now, basically since she was in size 3 diapers, and really liked them.  She has only had a nighttime leak ONCE with those, which is awesome. 

Now Pampers is trying to compete.  I do have to say that Huggies in general are my preferred brand--especially with her large bladder capacity, it seems cheaper diapers just don't do the trick, and pampers (although not cheap) in general seem, I don't know, thinner?  Not the diaper itself, but the layer on the outside or something.  Anyway, I have to say, I am not a fan of the Extra Protection version.  Yeah, they absorb a lot, but they get VERY squishy quickly, and the moisture seems to seep through the diaper itself much easier, as well as leaking around the legs after a long, not-waking-up night like the kind all moms love.  Even Kyle has said several times that he doesn't like these diapers.  The material seems like it starts to break down as soon as it is wet too.

Just to take a minute to brag on my husband, he is sure a sweetie.  He gets Hazel dressed and ready every morning while I'm getting ready so I can sleep in a few minutes longer than I would if I got her ready every day.  It helps a lot.  He's also learning that pink and red actually DON'T go together. 

So, if you are a pampers fan, you'll probably like these, but we will be sticking with Huggies Overnights, which I HIGHLY recommend.

6 comments:

Kathey said...

Interesting about the diapers, and YAY for Kyle. ^-^

Helena said...

Kate seems to have a bladder of steel. It's not unusual for her to only use the potty twice a day.

We've been using the Mom to Mom diapers with Andy and I've been quite happy with them.

Betsey said...

There are occasions where pink and red DO go together! :D

Stefanie said...

We're Huggies fans too...except for the Newborn size (then, and only then, is it Pampers).
I love when Alan helps with Kathryn. It's such a relief that I don't have to rush quite as much in the mornings. I'm glad that Kyle is such a good helper too! :)

Stefanie said...

We're Huggies fans too...except for the Newborn size (then, and only then, is it Pampers).
I love when Alan helps with Kathryn. It's such a relief that I don't have to rush quite as much in the mornings. I'm glad that Kyle is such a good helper too! :)

The Adams Family said...

I bet that makes you happy about all the good huggies deals with the coupons huh? :) That is nice that you can sleep in a little bit longer:)