I'm so glad that sometimes little things just fall into place to save my sanity. Examples:
This morning I dropped off Hazel at daycare. Carrie had turned the furniture over on its sides, saying that the leprechauns had done it. The kids thought it was great. Immediately I realized that my kid was wearing BLUE. As messed up as my emotions have been, I started bawling. The other kids that were already there were saying, "She's gonna get pinched!" I was thinking, "But I don't want her to get pinched!" The older kids would probably pinch her, even if Carrie told them not to, and she wouldn't understand why. After talking with Carrie and calming down a little bit, I remembered that Hazel has a back-up shirt in her cubby. Guess what color it was? Yep... green! I think someone was watching out for me when I brought that in. It was such a relief. I changed her shirt and she started kind of dancing around. She looked happy to be wearing green like everyone else. The other sad part? I've been purposely not wearing my only green maternity shirt all week so I could wear it today, and I remembered. But then I forgot her. Oops. I'm glad it worked out.
I've been trying to save up my sick leave because I'll probably need 10 or more full days at the end of the school year for our little BOY to be born. He's due the 31st of May, (school is over the 27th) but he's measuring about 10 days ahead already. Hazel was also 11 days early so I'm planning ahead. We recently found out that Hazel needs to have her adenoids removed. She has always snored and often wakes up really sweaty, so we took her to an ENT. The x-ray of her head showed the dark area of her airways from her nose down to her throat, and it was almost completely closed off where her adenoids are. So then the question came up: do we wait until summer to get this over with, or do I take a sick day to take her in for the surgery before we have the baby? When I called to schedule it yesterday, the first day they said was available is April 7th, which is exactly the first day of my Spring Break. I'm so grateful for that. Now I won't have a little one to worry about while my bigger one is recovering. The doctor said that recovery from just adenoids is really fast, and she'd be playing and happy later that day. I hope it goes that well.
I also need to get some new shoes, and one of the websites that carries my size had free shipping yesterday only, and I was able to get an order in. Yay for new shoes!
I'm so grateful that things sometimes just work out. It really is a blessing.
9 comments:
It's another reinforcement of our knowing that Heavenly Father dearly loves us. He knows what little things are important to us. It never ceases to amaze me though. :-)
Love, Mom
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that remembers some things for some people and not others. I get all my kids dressed for school pride day and then forget for myself.
I didn't remember that it was St. Patrick's Day yesterday until about 2 in the afternoon :) But I'd surprisingly dressed both of the kids in green on accident LOL :0)
I didn't know you were Pregnant! I am so very behind obviously! Congrats on the little boy! Having one of each is the best! Hazel will be a great big sister I'm sure! :)
I love recognizing the blessings! Congratulations on your pregnancy! So exciting! :)
Whew! Good things.
I am so excited for your BOY! :)
((hugs)) to everybody.
I too am so grateful for tender mercies. I don't think there is anything too big or too small that we can be helped with.
I didn't know you were pregnant either! Congratulations on your son! I am so excited for you!
I guess us Jensen's are just out of the loop because I didn't know you were pregnant again either! Yay! Congratulations!
Isn't it awesome how the Lord sends us little tender mercies like that sometimes? Way to count your blessings! That's the only way to do it! :)
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2011/03/24/funny-pictures-videos-silly-giraffe/
This video made me think of you since I know you love giraffes. :)
I didn't know you were pregnant either!! haha, I really didn't know, but I thought it would be funny to write. Congratulations!
Post a Comment