Sunday, March 29, 2009

5 months and a little bit

Alas, I left the camera at home, so no pictures this time. Sorry.

Hazel has been 5 months old for a couple of weeks now. She is getting SO BIG! She is bigger than many of the babies at church who are older than she is. I'm excited for her 6 month checkup so I get to see how tall she is. Kyle's dad's parents were visiting from Idaho, so we got to see them today, and they got to play with Hazel. Grandma Donna asked how much she weighs, and I didn't know so I went upstairs to check. She weighs 19.8 pounds! That is including clothes, but I didn't realize she was quite that much. I guess that explains why size 3 diapers are already getting small.

Kyle is graduating in May. (Yay!) With the economy the way it is many companies have hiring freezes, so there are not a lot of employment opportunities available in this area. He has been asked for a second interview for a full-time position with his current company, where he is an intern, so we hope that goes well. I was planning on working half days next year so I could be home as much as possible with Hazel, and also so we would have some income in case of a layoff with Kyle's job (whatever it is), but that is not to be. My principal has several good reasons for not letting me do that, which I understand, so I guess I'm going to stay on full time for now. I'm hoping that we can get out of debt and get some really good savings while we're both working, and that Kyle can get into a really good job. For child care this year Kyle's dad and two cousins have been trading off days, but I am hoping to find 1 person for next year so Hazel can have more continuity. The house right next to my school has a daycare business, so I might go that route. I like the fact that it is so close to my school. They also have 2 pygmy goats, which you have to admit is pretty cool. I'd love to just stay home, but I'm a little too nervous to give up steady income at this point.

4 comments:

Nanette said...

I can't believe Hazel is that old already. I am glad that I finally got to see her at Katie's shower. Thanks for coming! I hope that Kyle is able to get the job.

Helena said...

Good luck with everything!

Kathey said...

Pres. Hinckley said, "Things will work out if you keep trying and praying and working. Things will work out. They always do."

It has been my observation that is true. Heavenly Father has wondrous ways of working things out.

Love, Mom

Stefanie said...

I totally understand! I would love to retire my business professional suit and be a full time stay at home mom! Unfortunately, we don't know what's going on with Alan's job (contract is up in August). If his contract isn't renewed he'll be a full time stay at home dad and finish up his bachelor's degree and I'll work until he's finished...it's rough, mostly emotionally because I really want to me with my baby. It'll all work out...and Hazel will be OK!