Friday, September 18, 2009

Some pictures

So things have been really busy, and I realized my mom hasn't seen any recent pictures of Hazel, so I'd better take at least 5 minutes and post something. This will be very random with not much continuity.

I entered my quilt in the State Fair. It got a third place white ribbon. Kyle took it down, and put it in the "Advanced Mixed Arts" category. I would say my regular sewing skills are advanced, but I haven't done any embroidery since I was a kid, and this was my first applique ever, so I'm pleased that I did as well in that category.
Here is my little one fast asleep in her high chair. I put her in it with a snack while I'm making dinner sometimes, and she just conked out.

Here she is with a 7 pound cabbage from the garden. I had another one as big, and a couple of smaller ones. Too much cabbage....


Mmmmmm! Feet are tasty.


Here are Kyle and Hazel, at the fair, admiring the dairy cows during a competition of some sort. Some of the cows looked VERY uncomfortable because they don't milk them prior to showing them. It seemed a little odd to me. A few of the cows had such big udders that they were practically waddling.


Sorry I don't have more. I have to get out of here to go pick up this cute kid!



3 comments:

Helena said...

That's great! Hazel is so cute! :)

Betsey said...

Yay for my sister Barbie! 3rd place in the state fair is awesomeo. Your little girl is sure growing up! My favorite Hazel :D

Kathey said...

That's one amazing cabbage. Did it taste OK? Hazel is so cute. Your little lady is sure growing up. She's almost a year old already. My favorite Hazel too. I'm sorry that we live so far away. That IS really cool that you placed third in the state fair!!! :)