We had fun looking at the animals. Here's a piglet scratching his back on the water barrel.
A goat investigates Hazel's foot.
My favorite part was that I entered Hazel's baby quilt in the fair as well. We started on the other end of the exhibit hall looking at all of the 4-H entries, and I was really excited to see how my quilt did. As we got closer I saw a big pink ribbon on it! It won best in show in the baby quilts category. Yay!
I'd never been to the county fair before (besides the demolition derby last year... that was quite the redneck experience, but fun). It was interesting to realize that you really can enter almost anything in the fair. The thing that won in the infants' clothing category was the exact same pattern as the blessing outfit I made for Andy. It was well-made, but I liked my fabric choice better. There's some of my vanity showing through. I think I would like to enter something again next year, byt maybe in a different category. We'll see. It was a lot of fun. I think I'm eligible to enter the quilt in the state fair now, which I definitely plan on doing.
10 comments:
Congratulations. It really is a cute quilt.
Congratulations! That is great! You deserved to win just for the amount of work you put into it, let alone how cute it is!
Wow! Congratulations! It is a gorgeous quilt. I am happy-dancing for you. :)
Ce-buuuuuuu!
Now I have that Veggie Tales song about the sick Cebu stuck in my head ("Achoo moo moo, achoo moo moo!").
Also, I definitely think Hazel is the most beautiful thing you ever made, but the quilt is a close second! ;-)
Fabulous! And I love Megan's comment about Hazel being the most beautiful thing you ever made, but the quilt is a close second.
Love, Mom
Congrats! It's really cute!
That quilt is one of the cutest I've ever seen! What a project! Hazel is one lucky girl! Congrats! :) (Sorry that's a lot of exclamation marks :)
Congratulations on your quilt...it's beautiful! Good luck at the State Fair.
I can't believe how big Hazel is getting! She's a beautiful litle girl.
CONGRATS! I would really love to quilt something someday...
Post a Comment