Sunday, August 9, 2009

Our Trip to Ohio

I haven't remembered to bring my camera with me at all to Kyle's parents' house (the place I usually use the internet) until today, so I'm finally uploading some pictures now that we've been home for two months. The trip was fabulous, and Helena and my mom both spent hours blogging about the details, so I'm going to leave most of that to them, but I'll add a few pictures here too.

Here's a sneeze. Bless you!
Hazel liked cousin Andy.
She also liked the see'n'say.


We went to Young's Jersey Dairy, which has some of the best ice cream in Ohio. We let Hazel taste some, even though I've been the food Nazi, but she didn't seem to like it very much because it was cold. I think Helena got a picture of that. Here we are with Aunt Betsey.
Hazel plays with her foot while we eat ice cream.

Here are my sister Helena, Andy, Hazel, Kyle, and me (blurry) watching the family bowl. We had a good time, although I didn't even break 100 this time. Hmph. =)

Hazel does not nap well. She will often stay awake most of the day, maybe with a 15 minute nap. If we go somewhere in the evening there is a really good chance she'll fall asleep in the car and stay that way for a while. Here she is conked out in the stroller just after we got to the bowling alley. Luckily she did wake up in time to enjoy the fun.

One evening we discovered some baby rabbits under the deck. They were tiny and not afraid of humans at all.


Kyle had fun playing with them.


Hazel was outside with us, but I don't think she was at all aware of what was going on. This is probably my favorite picture of her. What a sweet kid.

We had a great visit, even though we didn't get to do quite everything we had planned. We did do all of the important things, which all involved spending precious time with my family.

2 comments:

Helena said...

Awwww! I'm sad we missed the bunnies.

Kathey said...

Sorry about the blurry picture at the bowling alley. I just grabbed your camera and shot quickly. It would have been better if I hadn't tried to be sneaky. :-)