I once heard that when someone told Abraham Lincoln that his legs were too long, he said something like, "They're just right. They reach the floor."
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
"Wish Upon a Star," or "What's in a Name?"
We had a lovely Christmas, and one of these days I will post some pictures, but I want to take a little poll. Hazel's Great-Grandparents gave her a stuffed penguin that came along with a code to name your very own star on the international star registry. Now the question is, what do we name it? I'm quite flummoxed about it. I think it is an awesome gift--the penguin is even cute, too! What a cool thing to have a star named for our little bright spot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Do you not want to just name it Hazel?
I don't know--I'm not sure if that's creative enough, or personal enough. Maybe.
Well let's see… I got out the Thesaurus, but it didn't help much. You could call it Hazel's gift; Hazel's special twinkle; Hazel's Special Star; Twinkle, Twinkle Little Hazel Star
or just for fun you could call it "Hazel's Comet…!" (Groan)
Love, Mom
Oh--how about "Little Bright Spot!"
Those are all great ideas:) I especially like the idea that Kathey had about naming it the "Little Bright Spot". I think that sounds really cute and would have special meaning because that is what you said about Hazel in your post:)
"Stazel" for Hazel's star. ;)
Post a Comment