Monday, October 11, 2010

World's Dumbest Foods Teacher

People often think that because I teach Foods and Nutrition, I am an expert and an amazing cook.  I do have a few fantastic recipes, but they are practically all from other sources, and I make my share of mistakes. 

Case in point:

Saturday night I was cooking something in my favorite big 5-quart skillet.  It has a long handle on one side, and another short handle on the other side because it is so big.  I noticed that the bottom seemed especially rounded against my flat glass-top stove, and I was wondering if I had warped it.  Not thinking (obviously), I pushed down on both handles.  Maybe I was trying to flatten out the bottom, who knows.  Of course that wouldn't work.  Do you see it coming?  Ugh.  CRACK! 

I feel like an idiot.  At least Kyle didn't get mad at me.  Or at least he didn't show it.  It still works, but definitely needs to be replaced.  We really don't have that much money lying around right now either.  Isn't that how it always happens?

So if any of you have recently purchased a stove and like what you got, we're looking for a new one with an electric hookup and an affordable price tag.

5 comments:

Helena said...

Uh oh!

M said...

Yikes! Did you check Craigslist in your area?

Kathey said...

Oh! I'm so sorry that happened. When I read the first part I thought you were saying that the frying pan cracked, so I was surprised that it was the stove.

Oh, golly. I really feel for you. Yes, do try Craigslist.

Nanette said...

I'm sorry. That really sucks! You should also check ksl.com. You might be able to find a cheap one there.

Peter Ahlstrom said...

Can you just get the glass replaced?