Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter Pictures

We did our first-ever Easter egg dyeing this year.  We only did 9 eggs, but had fun doing it.  Unfortunately I was kind of a stress case that day and was kind of more in a "get it done" mode than "make happy memories with my child" mode.  Luckily, we still had fun AND made happy memories.
We got out Hazel's crayons and let her draw on the eggs first.  Kyle thinks I should have taken more time to help her draw things that she wanted on them, like flowers, butterflies, and her name.  He was using his time to decorate one elaborate Green Lantern egg. (I didn't get a close-up.) I think she was quite happy to scribble on them.

She helped put them in the dye.
The finished eggs!  She was very pleased with them, even though she completely smashed a couple later that day.

I think she looks VERY much like her cousin Kate in this picture.  Does anyone else see it?  And not just because she is wearing a hand-me-down dress from Kate?

Later at Grandma's house, playing with the eggs and attempting to put stickers on them.  They didn't stick.

4 comments:

Helena said...

Aaaaah! She is getting so big and cute! Wow.

Yeah, she does kind of look like Kate, with that little look of concentration.

The Dance Source said...

Maybe next year we'll try the whole egg thing...I'm sure I'll be soo stressed too. It looks like you guys had fun! Hazel is growing up so fast! Cute pictures! :)

Becca said...

Hazel is so cute! I haven't seen you guys in so long, she's getting very big!

Kathey said...

I loved looking at these. I found myself staring at the picture where she is looking straight at the camera with her left arm on the table. I thought "she looks like somebody familiar!" Then I figured it out--Cousin Lori when she was little. So perhaps some of our Jensen side is coming through. :D