Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oliver James

We are excited to announce the birth of Oliver James, May 16, 2011, 2:31 pm, 8 lbs 7 oz, 20 inches long. 
 I'm not sure why this picture got rotated.  When Hazel first met him she said that she wanted to pet the baby. She loves him already (so do we) and she's going to be a great big sister.
We took classes in the Bradley Method to prepare for natural childbirth because my platelet count has stayed low throughout the pregnancy and an epidural would have been dangerous.  I'm glad that we were better prepared this time.  I was still a wimp in transition, and still told Kyle I hated him (I really don't), but up until that point I was able to relax and handle all of the contractions really well.  I'd even say it wasn't that bad. We were lucky to have a great nurse who was very supportive and helpful as well.

I'm so glad this little guy is a part of our family.  He is a sweet baby and doing great so far.  His hair is the softest thing I have ever touched.  Seriously, if any of you who live close by come to visit you should pet his head.

9 comments:

Helena said...

I want to pet his head!

M said...

Congratulations, Barbie, Kyle, and Hazel! :)

Jenie Haddock said...

CONGRATS! He is a doll and I LOVE his name!

Becca said...

Looks like you stopped working just in time! Good job with the natural birth, you're a trooper. He looks like Hazel and you can tell she loves him so much. I hope I get to meet him soon

Betsey said...

I want to pet his head too!

Emily Gibbons said...

Congratulations! I love his name! Well done!

Katie said...

Oh congrats! He is so adorable, and I'm so excited for you!!!! Bring on the fun times! :)

Megan Passey said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! Good thing you stopped working early!

Nanette said...

Congrats on the baby. He is adorable. I love his name. It was one of the names we were considering for Colin.